The Chilean Fivefold Path Foundation organized again a Homa Ecological Farming Workshop on the farm “Satsang” on September 22nd, 2017. Satsang is located in the town of Curacaví. 12 people participated in this full-day activity. As it has already been noticed, each workshop has different nuances, according to the interest of the participants.
In this opportunity, the sowing and transplanting processes were deepened under the principles of organic farming and Homa technology, reviewing contents on the use of Agnihotra and Homa Therapy ash in the treatment of seeds, soil preparation, composting, the elaboration of Homa bio-fertilizer “Biosol Gloria”, among other aspects.
We reviewed topics such as:
1. Homa Therapy: Aspects of the origin of this Vedic knowledge were deepened. The happenings in the atmosphere during sunrise in combination with the Mantras and the burning Agnihotra Fire was explained. How to perform the basic Fire – Agnihotra was showed. And the areas where Homa Therapy can be applied were covered.
2. Use of Homa Ash in farming and preparation of Homa bio-fertilizers: Agnihotra Ash Solution and Gloria Biosol Homa.
3. Basic principles about sowing and transplanting.
Concepts to carry out sowing and transplanting of crops of interest, such as:
• Preparation of soil and high beds
• Preparation of seedbeds and of the seeds to be used. Defining the crops of interest to work with.
• Development of the garden design.
• Irrigation and frequency
4. Agronomic considerations for the maintenance of an orchard, such as weeding, pruning, applications of organic matter to the soil.
The participants showed great interest in continuing to learn and develop Homa Technology. An atmosphere of dialogue about the diverse experiences, aspirations and common goods was created.
The practical stage of the workshop was basically planting and preparing seedlings, as well as transplanting seedlings in 2 high beds, applying concepts of diversity with polycultures (that is, different species from vegetables, medicinal, aromatic and culinary plants), promoting biodiversity in the agro-ecosystem, one of the fundamental principles of Homa organic farming. The workshop concluded with Agnihotra fire at sunset.
HOMA ORGANIC FARMING WORKSHOP IN THE SATSANG FARM, CURACAVÍ, REGION VALPARAISO – CHILE
By Carolina Morales Pavez, Agronomist